24/7 Crisis Lines
**In case of an emergency, please dial 911.**
988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- The new 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is now live! If you or someone you know needs support now, call or text 988 or chat 988lifeline.org.
- The 988 lifeline will be the new three-digit dialing code connecting people to the existing National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, where compassionate, accessible care and support are available for anyone experiencing mental health-related distress – whether that is thoughts of suicide, mental health or substance use crisis or any other kind of emotional distress.
- People can also dial 988 if they are worried about a loved one who may need crisis support.
RIVERSIDE EMERGENCY SERVICES
- Adult & Youth Mental Health and Substance Use Treatment
- Emergency Services for Adults
- Emergency Services for Youth
- If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis please contact our locally-based crisis intervention/emergency services team. We provide around-the-clock, 24/7 mental health and substance use evaluations to people in crisis. Instead of going to the emergency room, services can be provided to you over the phone, in your home, at school, or in another community setting.
SAMARITANS / SAMARITEENS
- Suicide Prevention
- Call or Text 877.870.4673 OR Text “START” to 741-741
- You Are Not Alone. Do you feel sad, lonely, hopeless, or suicidal? We’re here to listen to you, 24 hours a day. If you need to talk to someone about how you’re feeling, grieve the loss of a loved one to suicide, or learn how to help others in crisis, you can find support with us.
THE TREVOR PROJECT
- Connect to a crisis counselor 24/7, 365 days a year, from anywhere in the U.S. It is 100% confidential and 100% free.
- 866.488.7386 OR Text “START” to 678-678
- The Trevor Project
- We’re here for you. You deserve a welcoming, loving world. And so do the people you care about. Here you can reach out to a counselor if you’re struggling, find answers and information, and get the tools you need to help someone else. We provide information & support to LGBTQ
young people 24/7, all year round.
WAYSIDE TRAUMA INTERVENTION SERVICES
- Rape Crisis / Domestic Violence / Trauma Services
- Wayside Youth
- We support and strengthen those who have experienced violence in their relationships, homes and community in Milford and 26 surrounding towns, including Medfield. Our experienced counselors and staff assist survivors of domestic violence, sexual violence, children impacted by substances (CIS), and those impacted by homicide, along with their families through the process of healing.
VETERANS CRISIS LINE
- Veteran Support
- 800.273.8255, press 1 OR Text 838-255
- Veterans Crisis Line
- Are you a Veteran in crisis or concerned about one? You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call. 24/7 confidential crisis support for veterans and their loved ones